Presentation for Daughters of Abraham Foundation
1. Name of location
Daughters of Abraham Foundation safe House is located in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
2. Presentation of Director
I am Evangelist (Mrs.) M. S. Bargo,I am married with 5 children and 4 grandchildren, I am 60 years old, and hold a Degree in Business Administration, a Diploma in Christian Ministry and Service, Post graduate Diploma in Theology and Master’s degree in Organization Leadership and Management.
- Chief Executive Director.
- Principal Staff and contact person for DOAF.
- Arranges Board meetings.
- Coordinate and supervise all units.
- In charge of employment.
- Coordinate morning devotion.
- In charge of Bible classes /Spiritual Formation.
- Organize programs and supervises their execution
- Have about 25 years working experience with the down trodden in DOAF
In gratitude to God for saving me and making me His child, It is a privilege to be used of God to bring about positive change in the lives of those seen as societal misfit and useless without personal self-worth, becoming transformed with dignity.
3. Presentation of Co-workers
I am 45 years old, a BSC graduate of Business Administration and I hold a Certificate in Secretariat studies with over 19 years’ work experience as a secretary. I am single.
- Secretariat duties/computer desk officer.
- Office Manager.
- Custodian of documents and files.
- Maintenance of petty cash/impress.
- Update list of Assets as they are bought or discarded.
- Take care of staff movements and issues relating to office practices.
- Refer all complaints and request to the relevant de
In appreciation of God’s love in my life, it gives me more joy to see others saved.
Angela Akunaba Achiyyi
I work as the Accountant for DOAF. I have a post graduate Diploma in Management Information Technology from Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi, a Higher National Diploma in Accounting and Finance, am currently processing acquiring a certificate Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) I have attended Leadership Training and Servant Leadership with Christ development Association International Ministry of Nigeria, Project Management/ Report writing, Resource Mobilization and several courses. I am 39 years old and single.
- Manager of DOAF facilities.
- Administration officer.
- Business class teacher.
I am motivation for this work is the helplessness I see in the girls/women who have been rejected or despised for one reason or the other that made me want to help in the capacity, more so, God loves them too.
I am 39 years old and married with 3 children. I hold a BSC in Library and Information Science from Madonna University Okija , a certification in Grant writing from Appalachian State University USA and Cinematography/Events planning from Abuja Film Village with a Nigerian Institute of Public Relations membership (in-view)
- Writing and documenting reports, Presentations, information for website and articles.
- Developing and implementing publicity, Developing and maintaining relationships with journalists and media outlets.
- Dealing with enquires from the public /related organizations and maintain social media handles.
- Organizing promotional; events such as exhibitions, tours, visits, campaign.
- Awareness creation strategies and activities on various projects.
- Writing proposal and source for grants.
- Mentoring marginalized/ vulnerable adolescent girls in literacy and life skills.
- Teach computer introductory class to students.
I am motivated to work in DOAF because I am an advocate for the rights of girls/women and passionate in helping the girls be the change God wants them to be.
ELIZABETH E. KHIRIMS
I am 33 years old married with 3 children; I have a Bachelor of Arts in Christian Education.
It is an opportunity to do the ministry of God.
DICKSON – ISU OLASUNKANMI
I am 36 years old married with 2 children. I have a Higher National Diploma in Business Administration and Masters in Conflicts Peace strategic Students from Nile University, Abuja.
- Mission field officer.
- English Teacher.
I am passionate to do social work and working with DOAF is an opportunity to impact lives of other based on the word of God.
I am the Matron, a 67 year old widow with 4 children and 4 grandchildren. I am a trained Rural Health Officer and have attended several courses and seminars relevant to my work in DOAF.
- Health officer.
- Reproductive Health Teacher.
The mission/field work motivates me to work for DOAF.
JANET FOLASHADE DAVID
I am 40 years old, married with 4 children. I have a Higher National Diploma in Literature/English and have attended several workshops relevant to my duties in DOAF.
- Hair dresser skill Instructor.
To do Gods work.
I am 41 years old single, I have a Diploma in Law and Basic Hospitality, I am also trained in Customer Relations management and food Hygiene.
Catering skill class Instructor.
I like to serve Humanity.
I am 40 years old and single. I have a Diploma in Secretarial and Computer studied and BSC Business Administration (in-view)
- Office Assistant.
- Knitting skill Instructor.
To encourage and help neglected girls/women to become better members of the society by teaching them the word of God and also give them functional skills.
DEBORAH S. GODWIN
I am 43 years old, a widow with 2 children, I have a certificate in Basic Literacy, and I have attended several trainings in fashion design.
- Fashion skill instructor.
- Coordinate staff weekly prayers.
I love and enjoy being creative with fabrics and others clothing materials and also to impact the girls with the knowledge I have.
I am the Chief security Officer of DOAF, married with 6 children. I am 66 years old; I was trained by ABU Zaria security department and have over 19 years working experience as a security officer.
- Chief Security Officer.
My motivation is to work according to the rules of DOAF and to make sure I serve God and do what is right.
EMMANUEL ADAMU GAYA
I am 50 years old, married with children. I have a certificate in Trade test Certificate Electrical Installation.
- Security Officer.
To glorify God.
I am 42 years old, married with children, and have a primary school certificate.
To do God’s work.
I am 46 years old and I am married with children, I also have a driver certificate.
- DOAF Driver.
- Support in mission activities.
To serve humanity and give my best to Gods work.
4. Presentation of residents
DOAF presently have 17 daughters, with expected increase from February. Age range is between 14 and 36 years. For confidentiality sake, I will use their initials:
- M. wants to be a hair stylist/Medical Doctor
- R. wants to be an Actress/Hair stylist
- M. wants to be an Architect/Hair stylist
- J. wants to be a Nurse/Caterer
- B. wants to be a Secretary/caterer
- A. wants to be Nurse/caterer
- B. wants to be Caterer/ Lawyer
- P. wants to be a professional caterer
- R. wants to be a professional Baker
- M. wants to be a fashion designer/ Banker
- R. wants to be Fashion designer/Accountant
- F. wants to be a Fashion designer/ Medical Doctor
- S. wants to be journalist/Fashion designer
- D. wants to be a Barrister/Fashion designer
- E. wants to be a Fashion designer/Medical Doctor
- L. wants to be professional Fashion designer
- M. wants to be a professional Fashion designer
5. Presentation of DOAF core values.
Our values are: Godliness, Christ like faith, Honesty, Accountability, equal opportunity, Decency and morality.
DOAF vision is raising God fearing women/girls who will contribute positively to the economic and social well-being of the society without fear of molestation.
DOAF strength: Standard facilities to house abused girls, over 24 years’ experience in rehabilitation and reintegration of girls who have been sexually abused.
DOAF challenges: funds to carry out DOAF projects start capacity building and equipping the new dining hall/kitchen.
6. How does an everyday life look like for a resident?
Wake up time: 5am
Daughters’ devotion 5-5:30am
Chores/cooking/clean up 6-8am
Staff morning devotions with Daughters 8:30 am -9:30am
Literacy/skill classes 9:30-4:20pm.
Evening dinner 6pm
Evening prep. 8-9pm
Night devotion 9pm – 9:30pm
Light out 10:00pm
7. What activities/trainings do you offer?
The activities/trainings DOAF offers are classified in to 4 Rs, and they are;
This is where DOA carry out mission outreach for the evangelization of prostitutes, lost souls and vulnerable people especially girls and women in the society through DOAF holistic mission outreaches and messages.
DOAF carries out medical check-ups for daughters in the safe house, and ensure those who need medication are treated, she also educate the girls on hygiene, reproductive health and give a free medical counseling and testing during mission outreaches and campaigns.
Deals with Social and psychological problems of daughters, DOAF caters for the needs of the depressed, oppressed, abused, misused, abandoned and trafficked girls/women.
This unit is handles intellectual and skills development of daughters, as she guides each daughter to discover and build up a profession for livelihood through vocational training that will makes them useful to themselves and their communities when the reintegrate into the society, other areas are; Literacy , Business and entrepreneurship classes, the girls who cannot read and write are empowered with skills to handle their various businesses and enable those who want to go back to school to meet up when then leave the safe house.
8. What perspective do you have for DOAF in 2019?
- To Improved interpersonal relationship between staff and daughters
- Introduction of two new areas in skill acquisition namely: computer appreciation and grass cutter farming
- To admit 13 more daughters in addition to the 17 currently in training
- To graduate not less than 20 daughters and to give them take off tools.
- Starting a vegetables/ grass cutter farm.
- Making of the new dining hall and kitchen functional.