Track record and results human trafficking Denmark/Nigeria 2009 – 2019.
The following activities have been implemented in the period 2009-2019 with the following results:
- Contact to Nigerian Partner Media Village (ywamorganic.org) – now MeCAHT (MeCAHT.org)
- Cooperation agreement between Media Village and KIT (kit-danmark.dk) signed.
- Partnership Conference in Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria. 35 participants with the participation of the
Plateau State, NAPTIP (naptip.gov.ng), NGO ́s, bishops and church leaders.
- Media Village and KIT in cooperation formed MeCAHT. Now a registered NGO in Nigeria.
- The vision, purpose and content of the film: EUROPE IN MY HEART
(watch the film) defined and concretized.
- EUROPE IN MY HEART filmed in Nigeria and in Denmark.
- 2 lectures in Denmark held with 562 participants.
- Film premiere EUROPE IN MY HEART in Abuja with artists, international ambassadors,
representatives of NAPTIP, church leaders and donors. 450 participants.
- Campaigns in 30 villages in 3 selected states in Nigeria planned.
- 3 conferences for state leaders in 3 selected states in Nigeria: Oye, Kaduna, Plateau (36 states all
together in Nigeria) planned.
- A partnership visits to South Africa focusing on defining developments over the next 3-5 years.
- CRUDAN leadership course for MeCAHT co-workers in Abuja (nigerianseminarsandtrainings.com)
- Night Light Café opens at Vesterbro Torv, Copenhagen (exit-trafficking.dk). 5 churches and KIT are behind the initiative and a partner group was established.
- A staff of 35-40 women are volunteers and responsible for the operation of the night café.
- Partnership conference in Abuja. Focus on follow-up of the film EUROPE IN MY HEART.
- Campaigns with EUROPE IN MY HEART in 10 villages in Oye state in Nigeria. Training of 30
volunteers from Oye state.
- Partnership visit to Denmark with public debate in the Elias church with 78 participants and
networking among opinion makers.
- Greater Love Lighthouse i Abuja opens (exit-trafficking.dk).
- Campaigns with EUROPE IN MY HEART in 10 villages in Kaduna state in Nigeria. Training of 30
volunteers from Kaduna state.
- 14 lectures held in Denmark with 708 participants.
- Campaigns with EUROPE IN MY HEART in 10 villages in the Plateau state in Nigeria. Training of 30
volunteers Plateau state.
- The film shown at national and local TV stations and in 34 villages with a total of 15,753
- 96 volunteers were trained of which 6 were journalists and media people.
- Focus on job creation in collaboration with Ventures Platform (venturesplatform.com).
- Mapping of 31 safehouses in Nigeria. Collaboration between NAPTIP and KIT defined, signed and
- 3 partnership visits in Nigeria. Focus on job creation, capacity building and networking.
- Desperate Journey’s movie ( se trailer). Premiere November 3rd in
Benin City. 430 participants.
- Workshop for 8 directors/housewives for 8 safehouses + 8 people from the MeCAHT team.
Completed November 2017.
- Conference at Ventures Platform with focus on creating jobs for 20 women, who have left a life in
- Visit to a Danish company, Arla in Lagos, for job creation at Arla Foods, Nigeria. Letter of agreement
- Stakeholders Forum – conference with approx. 50 participants to capacity-build existing networks
and include new partners.
- Desperate Journey ́s movie. Premiere February 28th in Abuja. 250 participants of which 19
international embassies were represented.
- Project in Benin City: 500 women are offered start of small business and 100 teenagers are offered
training and start of education. End of project December 2018.
- Solar Power installed at Greater Love Lighthouse.
- Planning and implementing of International Conference in Abuja, November 2018
- Planning and implementing of project: capacity building of 10 selected safehouses in Nigeria, 2019-2021.