EXIST prioritises to work holistically. This is why we are cooperating with Danish and Nigerian public authorities as well as organisations, churches and associations in order to provide a combined, coordinated effort alongside relevant and competent international agencies.
THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED IN THE PERIOD 2009-2020
- The implementation of the project: Enhancing the Human Dignity of Survivors of Human Trafficking in Nigeria continues
- Third training (out of five) of 30 employees from 10 safehouses was conducted in Abuja in March 2020. The projects primary focus is 250 women who has abandoned life in prostitution. Hereof 100 of the women will become “ambassadors”. Teams from Taiwan participated.
- The Danish ambassador in Nigeria, Jesper Kamp, visited the safehouse “Greater Love Lighthouse”.
- Planning and implementation of the project: Enhancing the Human Dignity of Survivors of Human Trafficking in Nigeria.
- First and second training was conducted
- The project in Benin City moved into the second phase.
- The Project in Benin City was planned and the implementation started. The movie DESPERATE JOURNEYS premiered in Abuja in front of 250 participants, including representatives from 19 international embassies.
- Danish/Nigerian international conference was arranged in Abuja.
- Solar energy was installed in the safehouse, Greater Love Lighthouse.
- The movie DESPERATE JOURNEYS premiered in Benin City in front of 430 participants.
- Conference on Ventures Platform and visit at Arla Foods in Lagos in an effort to create jobs for 20 women
- Training for 24 leaders, housewives and counsellors from 8 safehouses and conduction of a conference for 50 stakeholders from Abuja. The focus was on building capacities, networking and inclusion of new partners.
- Mapping of 31 safehouses in Nigeria in collaboration with NAPTIP
- Communication with the danish ambassador in Nigeria, Torben Gettermann, was established.
- MeCAHT and the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs corporated on the project in Benin City: The movie DESPERATE JOURNES was filmed, 500 women were offered initial start-up of small businesses and 100 teenagers were offered education. This was all carried out as contraceptive initiatives.
- The movie EUROPE IN MY HEART was played on national and local tv-stations and in 34 villages in 3 different Nigerian states. In total about 15.000 participants in the villages as well as training of 96 volunteers and 6 journalists.
- In total about 15.000 participants in the villages as well as training of 96 volunteers and 6 journalists.
- Campaigns for the movie EUROPE IN MY HEART were run in 10 villages in Plateau State in Nigeria along with the education of 30 volunteering, local employees.
- 14 lectures were held in Denmark with 708 participants
- Campaigns for the movie EUROPE IN MY HEART were run in 10 villages in Kaduna State in Nigeria along with the education of 30 volunteering, local employees.
- The safehouse Greater Love Lighthouse in Abuja opened.
- Partnership visits from Nigeria in Copenhagen with a public debate in Elijah’s Church with 78 participants and networks among journalists and opinion makers
TOGETHER WE CAN
Together we can prevent human trafficking, help nigerian women in prostitution back to life and develop competences in a variety of agents in Denmark and Nigeria.
- 3 conferences for chiefs of state in 3 selected states in Nigeria (Oye, Kaduna and Plateau States) were planned and MeCAHT employees completed educations on leadership in CRUDAN, Abuja.
- Campaigns for the movie EUROPE IN MY HEART were run in 10 villages in Oye State in Nigeria along with the education of 30 volunteering, local employees.
- Night Light Café on Vesterbro Torv in Copenhagen opened.
- The movie EUROPE IN MY HEART premiered in Abuja with the participation of international ambassadors, NAPTIP, artists and leaders of
churches and NGOs. A total of 450 paticipants.
- Fundraising relating to the project: 30 Campaigns in 3 Selected States in Nigeria.
- Partnership conference in Abuja focussing on the implementation and follow up on the movie EUROPE IN MY HEART.
- The movie EUROPE IN MY HEART was filmed in Nigeria and in Denmark.
- 12 lectures were held in Denmark with 562 participants.
- Continuous fundraising.
- Partnership conference in Jos, Plateau State in Nigeria with participation of commissioners and Women's Affairs from Plateau State, NAPTIP, bischops, church- and NGO leaders.
- The NGO, Media Village (later MeCAHT) was established.
- Content and purpose was defined and the work regarding the script for the movie EUROPE IN MY HEART commenced.
- Communication with International Director of MeCAHT, Anne Abok, was established.
- The collaboration was specified.
- Anne Abok visited Copenhagen and the planning of shared projects were described.