1. Name and Location
Society for the Empowerment of Young Persons (SEYP). It is located in No. 4 Amadasun Street Off Lucky Ogbebor Way Off Ehigiator Street Off PZ, Sapele Road, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
2. Presentation of Director
I am 48 years old, a mother and a graduate of Medical Laboratory Science. For the past 19 years, I have being working in the area of Human Trafficking and Irregular Migration as the Founder and Executive Director of the Society for the Empowerment of Young Person (SEYP) I pilot the affairs of the Organization with tested and experienced personnel.
I direct and coordinated all activities and programmes of the organization, including TIP, public enlightenment campaigns and vocational trainings for youths. I have conducted capacity building and awareness campaigns for HIV/AIDS and human trafficking in the 18 local governments of Edo State since I believe the two issues go hand in hand. Over the years my capacity has being build. I was trained by UNICEF ,10M and UNDP on life skills, HIV/AIDS, tricks of traffickers and leadership training, Child Right Monitoring and Documentation, Mainstreaming Child Participation in Schools and homes. I have attended workshops and seminars organized by NAPTIP, ECOWAS, IOM and a conference in Italy by the Italian government, an international conference on human trafficking in Helsinki (Finland). I have attended UN summit on human trafficking in New York, a conference on TIP IN Washington DC in USA.
The love of God that Christ died for me even when I was a sinner. To see to the restoration of Dignity to all Edo Women that has been trafficked.
3. Presentation of Co-Workers
Prince Omene Oberoro
I am thirty-three years old, a graduate from the University of Benin, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria. I am the Project Manager for the Society for Empowerment of Young Persons including SEYP Shelter.
- Define and clarify project scope
- Develop project plan
- Develop project schedule
- Sets team direction
- Coordinating activities across different organizational functions
- Motivating team members
- Assigning work
- Develop policies and procedures to support the achievement of the project objectives
Serving God working with youths especially vulnerable groups.
I am a married woman with children. A Christian leader and a graduate of English and Literature – in – English from the University of Benin, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria. I am the shelter and program manager for SEYP.
- Manages the activities of the Shelter
- Ensure that nationally accepted standard for Shelter and orphanage home management are followed
- Carryout and coordinates family tracing and reunification for children whose families have been located
The love of God and love for humanity. Seeing people transformed into the image of Christ.
I am thirty years old. A dedicated Christian, a graduate of Micro Biology from Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State. I am the Shelter Assistant as well as the program officer in SEYP.
- Manages the day to day affairs of specific programs
- Ensures timely preparation of reports and program plans
- Assist in overseeing the day to day affairs of the safe house
The fulfill God’s purpose for my life.
Yesufu Micheal Raheem
I am a dedicated Christian, a graduate from the University of Benin. I am Secretary to SEYP Shelter.
- Filling of document
- Data coalition
- Operation of the office
Motivation: Knowing that God loves me.
Nkechi Edith MegbuzieOsunde
I am forty–six years, a Christian married with children. I am a Master-Degree holder from the University of Benin.
- Counseling and shelter management
- Psycho-socio support
To see the vulnerable and oppressed delivered.
I am a graduate from the University of Benin, here in Edo State. I am thirty-four years old. I am a support staff in the organization.
- Engage in general duties in the home
- Supports the project manager
I love to see treasure resaved from the throes of death, rehabilitated and reintegrated into the society.
Emoshoke Adama Osazuwa
I am thirty-three years old. Agraduate and married with two children. I graduated from the University of Benin, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
- Financial operation
- Book keeping and payment of SEYP activities
- I provide financial information to management by carefully analyzing accounting data
- Prepare report
- Document financial transactions entering account information
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information, preparing balanced sheet, profit and loss statement.
Inspired by God to do my best for humanity seeing the hopeless restored with hope.
4. Presentation of Residents:
SEYP currently has eight treasures in the safe house. Some have recently been reintegrated back into the society. Their age range is 17 – 30 years.
For the purpose of confidentially, the initials of the treasures will be used:
J.S.Wants to be a graduate as well as a business owner
L.Wants to be a fashion designer
J.J. Wants to be a hair dresser
S.O. Wants to be a fashion designer as well as a provision seller
S.Wants to be a fashion designer
J.G. Wants to be a business
B.A. Wants to be a fashion designer as well as a food stuff owner
S.Wants to become a medical doctor
J.G.Wants to be a hair dresser
5. Presentation of Presentation of Society for the Empowerment of Young Persons
SEYP Core Values: Honesty, Godliness, integrity, fairness to all.
To free women and young persons from the trap of ignorance and underdevelopment; providing hope for the hopeless and succor to the down trodden.
SEYP Strength: Standard facility to house over thirty treasures.
- Being in existence for over 10 years.
- Experienced in rehabilitating and reintegrating victims of human trafficking, the vulnerable as well as the abused group.
Lack of funds/support to replace damaged furniture, needed amenities e.g. deep freezer, generator, kitchen utensils and to retain more workers in the shelter.
6. How does an everyday life look like for aresident?
- Wake up time: 5am
- Morning Devotion: 5 – 5:30am
- Clean Up, Cooking, Eating: 5:30 – 8am
- Movement to Lecture house Skill acquisition centers respectively: 8am – 5pm.
- Dinner: 6pm
- Night Prayers: 9pm
- Personal Activities/Bedtime: 9pm – 11pm
7. What activities/training do you offer:
- Psycho – social support
- In house skill acquisition on Air Freshener, Soap making, bead making
- Family teaching and reunification
- Business training
8. What perspective do you have for SEYP in 2019?
- Rehabilitation: To improve the behavior of treasures and strengthen their capacity in basic economic skills.
- To provide extra income for treasures in the Shelter.
- To have a permanent shelter with a skill acquisition center.
- To improve on facilities in the shelter.